The web shop www.electronic-translators.co.uk informs that the terms and conditions of the service will soon be changed. The beginning, especially the part about the ownership of the shop, will sound as follows:
The Shop electronic-translators.co.uk hereinafter referred to as the Shop, belongs to and is supported by Vasco Electronics Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością S.K.A. with its headquarters at al. Pokoju 1, CTA/350, 31-548 Krakow, Poland, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000421705, REGON (Business ID no.): 122581850, VAT EU no: GB6772369151.
The Shop electronic-translators.co.uk hereinafter referred to as the Shop, belongs to and is supported by Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A. with its seat in Krakow at al. Pokoju 1, CTA/350, entered into the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register (KRS) under no. 0000421705, REGON (Business ID no.): 122581850, VAT EU no: GB6772369151.
Shop’s Terms and Conditions
- 1. The following terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning as presented below:
- 1.1 Customer – a natural person, a legal entity or an organizational unit without legal identity but with a legal capacity granted on the basis of special regulations placing an Order in the Shop;
- 1.2 Consumer – a natural person undertaking a legal action that is not directly related to his or her business or professional activity;
- 1.3 Terms and Conditions – the very terms and conditions regulating services provided by the shop electronic-translators.co.uk;
- 1.4 Shop – the website available at electronic-translators.co.uk, on which a Customer can place Orders;
- 1.5 Goods – products offered in the Shop;
- 1.6 Sale contract – the contract between Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A. and a Customer to sell Goods via the Shop’s website;
- 1.7 Order – a Customer’s declaration of intent of concluding the Sale Contract specifying the type, quantity, and price of Goods.
- 2. General
- 2.1. The Shop sells goods in accordance with the following terms and conditions.
- 2.2. These Terms and Conditions are the terms mentioned in Article 8 of the Act on Rendering Electronic Services.
- 2.3. A Customer ordering in the Shop should read these Terms and Conditions. When placing an Order, the Customer will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions using the available functionality – the check-box.
- 2.4. Customers may access the very Terms and Conditions any time by using the link visible on the electronic-translators.co.uk home page where they can download the Terms to print them.
- 2.5. Information on Goods provided on the Shop's webpages, especially their descriptions, technical specification, functionalities, and prices constitute an invitation to conclude a Contract.
- 3. Order Process
- 3.1. Orders of Goods offered on the Shop's website can be placed on the website, by phone or by e-mail.
- 3.2. Orders placed on the Shop's website ( electronic-translators.co.uk ) and by e-mail can be submitted 24/7. Phone Orders can be placed during the Shop’s operating hours as specified on the “Contact” page.
- 3.3. In order to conclude a Sale Contract via the Shop, a Customer should go to electronic-translators.co.uk, select goods, add them to the basket, and undertake other actions by following the messages and information displayed to the Customer by the page.
- 3.4. While placing an Order, a Customer can modify the entered data and change the goods in the basket until clicking the “Order with obligation to pay” button. In order to do this, the Customer should follow the messages displayed on the screen or the information available on the website.
- 3.5. After having provided all the necessary data, a summary of the Order will be displayed. The summary of the Order will contain the following information:
a) the goods ordered,
b) the unit and total price of ordered products or services, including shipping costs and any other additional costs (if applicable),
c) the chosen payment method,
d) the chosen shipping method.
- 3.6. Placing an Order by a Customer constitutes a statement of will to conclude a Sale Contract with Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A. subject to the very Terms and Conditions.
- 3.7. The Contract is deemed concluded at the moment of clicking the “Order with obligation to pay” button by the Customer.
- 3.8. After having placed the Order, the Customer receives an e-mail titled “Order confirmation” that includes the final confirmation of all the important elements related to the Order.
- 3.9. The Sale Contract is concluded in English and its content is compliant with the very Terms and Conditions.
- 4. Payment and Delivery
- 4.1. All the prices in the Shop are expressed in pounds sterling (GBP), VAT included. The price of each product is binding at the moment of placing an order. The price excludes shipping costs. The latter is added while placing the Order.
- 4.2. Shipping costs are quoted before placing the Order.
- 4.3. The Goods are shipped by United Parcel Services. The Orders shipped to outside of the European Union may be shipped by EMS. The delivery to the European Union takes 3-4 working days. The delivery outside of the European Union might take up to 14 days.
- 4.4. The orders from the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man, Orkney, Shetland and Scottish islands are treated by the Shop as orders from outside of the European Union, thus the delivery time may extend up to 14 days.
- 4.4. Shipping prices:
- 4.4.1 United Kingdom and the European Union:
a) UPS (pre-payment): Free of charge
b) UPS (cash on delivery): 6.00 GBP
c) UPS Express (pre-payment): 29.00 GBP
d) UPS Express (cash on delivery): 39.00 GBP
- 4.4.2. Countries outside the European Union:
a) EMS Courier: 20.00 GBP
- 4.5. Payments for Goods and shipping can be made in the following ways:
a) cash on delivery,
b) by bank transfer to the account of Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A.,
c) by credit or debit card via SaferPay system
d) by card or secure on-line payments via SOFORT banking.
Credit and debit card payments are processed by SixPayments.
- 4.5. A VAT invoice is issued for every order. The invoice confirms the amount paid and lists all the ordered goods.
- 4.6. The conclusion of the Sale contract is confirmed by the Shop with the use of durable media in due time after the contract is concluded but no later than at the moment of the delivery of the goods.
- 5. Personal data
- 5.2. Using the Shop and, in particular, providing one’s personal data and contact details aim only at the processing the order, and such information is not shared with any third parties.
- 5.3.The Shop does not receive any information on credit card numbers or details of Customer’s bank accounts used for online payments. Online payments are processed by our partners – SixPayments, PayPal and SOFORT Banking GmbH. The companies process payments at the request of the Customer with the use of secure technologies.
- 6. Returns and cancellation of the contract
- 6.1. The Shop offers a 30-day money back guarantee.
- 6.2. Virtual products such as top-ups or digital maps are excluded from the Guarantee.
- 6.3. The Sales Contract can be cancelled in writing via e-mail, mail, fax or by phone. The detailed procedure of contract cancellation and the model return form can be found on the “Returns” page.
- 6.4.The Consumer should send the goods back within 14 days from its cancellation to the following address: Compagnia Lingua – electronic-translators.co.uk, 80-83 Long Lane, London EC1A 9ET. The information about the cancellation should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 3514 7163.
- 6.5. Immediately after having received the information on the contract cancellation, we will send a confirmation e-mail.
- 6.6. The goods shall be returned at Consumer’s expense.
- 6.7. If a shipping method chosen is more expensive than the cheapest one offered by the Shop, the price difference between the chosen shipping method and the cheapest shipping method available will not be reimbursed by the Shop.
- 7. Complaints
- 7.1. The Shop is obliged to deliver goods with no faults.
- 7.2. The Shop, as a seller, is responsible for the incompliance of Goods purchased in the Shop with the Sale Contract, to the extent specified in the Act on specific terms and conditions of consumer sale.
- 7.3. Complaints should be sent to: email@example.com or by phone on 020 3514 7163.
- 7.4.The Shop will immediately inform the Customer about its decision regarding the complaint, no later than 14 days from the date of receiving the complaint. Failure to decide upon the complaint within this deadline means that the Shop considers the complaint justified.
- 7.5. In order to facilitate the procedure, the content of the parcel should be checked in the presence of the courier. In case of any damages or discrepancies in the order, a damage protocol can be prepared. The signed protocol will facilitate processing the complaint.
- 7.6. It is recommended that the Customer includes the following information in the complaint:
a) information and circumstances related to the object of complaint, especially the type and date of damage;
b) a request indicating the method of making the Product compliant with the Sale Contract, the statement of lowering the price or cancellation of the Sale Contract;
c) contact data of a person filing the complaint that will facilitate the complaint procedure.
The requirements provided in the previous sentence are only recommendations and do not affect the efficiency of complaints filed without them.
- 7.7. Immediately after receiving the complaint, the Shop will send confirmation of receiving the complaint to the Customer by e-mail.
- 7.8. All products available in the Shop are covered by a 24-month warranty.
- 7.9. The warranty does not apply in case of damages resulting from improper use, maintenance inconsistent with the user manual or wear and tear.
- 7.10. The warranty also excludes damages caused by flooding, crushing or crumpling.
- 7.11. The goods sent back as a part of the complaint process and not collected by the Customer within 1 year after it is finished will be disposed of.
- 7.12. More information on the complaint procedure can be found on the Shop’s “Complaints” page.
- 8. Final provisions
- 8.1. If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- 8.2. Any possible disputes arising between Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A. and the Customer who is a consumer in the meaning specified in Article 22 of the Civil Code will be resolved by the applicable court according to the relevant provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
- 8.3. Any possible disputes arising between Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A. and a Customer who is not a consumer in the meaning specified in article 22 of the Civil Code will be resolved by the court applicable with regard to the seat of Compagnia Lingua Sp. z o.o. S.K.A.
- 8.3. Any matters not regulated in the very Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the provisions of the Civil Code, of the Act on Rendering Electronic Services, and other applicable provisions of Polish law.
- 9. Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- 9.1 Customers will be informed on any planned changes to the very Terms and Conditions in a form of information on the change of the Terms and Conditions posted by the Service Provider on electronic-translators.co.uk. Such information will also include the list of changes to the Terms and Conditions and will remain on the website for at least 14 subsequent days.